On the River - No Limit Texas Holdem
- Avoid betting unless you are quite sure to win a showdown, especially when facing tough opponents. You have little to win and a lot to loose (as you 90% of the time will only get calls from players who believe they have your made hand beat)
- Try to figure out your opponent/s most likely holding/s and bet the amount you suspect they might call.
- Sometimes check a good hand in order to induce a bluff from someone who you think missed a draw, since they will not call your bet anyways.
- Often you should bet small when having the best hand (and no scare card hits on the river). This amount will entice players to call with a weaker hand.
- When you have hit your (nut) draw, often bet 80-120% of the pot to make it clear that either you made the draw or you are bluffing. This kind of bet generates almost as many calls as a small bet.